The Night Shift is proud to welcome Kriss Lumsden to the show this Tuesday, 12/13 at 7:00 PM Eastern time. Kriss is the author of the Moon Manifesting Planner. We are going to be talking about the cycles of the moon, their astrological signs and how they can impact you. As we are all getting ready to release the things that no longer serve us from 2016 and embrace our intentions for 2017 the moon cycles can be a huge ally in letting go and creating what we would like to bring into our lives. Looking at all of this from an astrological perspective assists us even more.
I invite you to join us for the card of the evening, mini readings and much more. Check out our chat room too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/183716975330317/
Looking for great gifts for kids of all ages check out my products page!
I know most of the time when we think of a bucket list we think of it meaning things we would like to do before we die. To be clear I am not talking about that. I am talking about creating a list of things that you would like to accomplish prior to your holiday and doing your best to make it happen. It can be a stressful time of year so the list would be designed to nurture yourself, get in touch with your inner child, and keep the bah humbugs away.
Now is the perfect time to create this list as Thanksgiving is behind us and all thoughts are on the fastly approaching holidays. Remember the key words in creating this list are fun and joy. Here are some suggestions:
- Get a real Christmas tree and decorate it the way you remember doing it as a child. Find some old fashioned lights, string popcorn, hang candy canes.
- Go Caroling
- Take an afternoon to spend in a bookstore. Get your favorite hot beverage and find some favorite or new holiday book. Read the book and immerse yourself in the holiday spirit.
- Have a spa treatment. This can be a simple manicure, pedicure or go for the works and take a day to just celebrate yourself.
- Buy yourself a present. Have it gift wrapped and put it under the tree
- Get your picture taken with Santa Claus.
- Buy scented candles that remind you of holidays past. I feel fragrance is the best reminder of fun times.
- Pop some popcorn and binge watch all your favorite Christmas shows. From Charlie Brown’s Christmas to Frosty the Snowman.
- Create a wacky video Holiday Greeting and share it with family and friends.
- Look at photos of your childhood holidays. Are there things in these you could recreate? Like a favorite toy or food.
- Buy yourself a toy. Wrap it and put in under the tree from Santa Claus.
- Send yourself or buy yourself a bouquet of holiday flowers.
Maybe reading this you are sighing thinking “I only wish I had the time to do this.” I am inviting you to make your best effort. Even if your list is short it will remind you that these days can be much more than just being frantic. That you deserve to have fun and enjoy yourself.
Join me Tuesday, November 29 at 7:00 PM for The Night Shift and we will talk about the Christmas Bucket List. I will be giving away a signed copy of my book Songs of My Life…Slightly Out of Tune to one lucky listener. I will be doing mini readings and I would love to have you in the Facebook chat as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/183716975330317/
Remember too if you miss the live broadcast you can catch the podcast replay on iHeart radio. http://www.iheart.com/show/209-The-Night-Shift/