Meet Tom Ingrassia
& June Montiero from The Toys
Tom Ingrassia. Photo by Scott Erb Photography.
January Jones welcomes Tom Ingrassia co-author of When One Door Closes: Overcoming Adversity By Following Your Dreams sharing true life stories of people who have overcome insurmountable obstacles in order to live their dreams. Today’s interview features June Monteiro Celebrating Your Life, one of the voices on one of the most successful Girl Groups songs of the mid-60s – The Toys’ “A Lover’s Concerto. June battled demons including a bout with throat cancer to ressurect her life and her career. Tom and January share their own road maps helping listeners to live their lives with vision, courage, determination and passion.
With the MotivAct Group (formerly Ingrassia Productions), he and partner Jared Chrudimsky, an award-winning licensed massage therapist, combine motivational coaching with massage – an innovative and remarkably effective tandem.Tom travels the country delivering his motivational program, “Making A Difference Begins with YOU…So Live Into Your Dreams!” and pop culture lectures, “Motown and the Civil Rights Movement” and “Girl Power: The Supremes as Cultural Icons.” Both of these offerings are in great demand.
His clients include:
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum
- State University of New York
- Association for Continuing Higher Education
- National Conference on Race & Ethnicity
- Long Island Museum
- Albany Institute of Art & History
- Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts
- Worcester State University
- Cape Cod Community College
- Berea College
- Northern Essex Community College
- Quinsigamond Community College
- Worcester Institute for Senior Education
Tom lives by his motto: “Learn from the turtle. It only makes progress when it sticks its neck out.”