I have this decorative sign on our wall in my kitchen. I see it morning as I am brewing my English Breakfast tea. It is a great reminder because just seeing that word causes me to pause and think for a moment. It catapults me into the present moment with the thought of Where is my joy today? How am I going to create joy today for myself, for others? Here are a few suggestions I have tried. Maybe they will work for you:
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Smile at someone you don’t know.
- Each year go somewhere you have never gone before.
- Find 5 things you are grateful for.
- Do something you loved to do as a child.
- How about maybe belting out a verse or two of that great song Joy to the World by Three Dog Night. You know, it begins…Jeremiah was a bullfrog…was a great friend of mine. Now that song will be stuck in your head all day and joy is bound to follow!
This week we are going to discuss joy on The Night Shift. How to find it…how to keep it.
Taking your questions in the chat room. https://www.facebook.com/groups/183716975330317/