With what has occurred in Orlando I know that the last thing we may be thinking about doing is laughing. Just seems like there is nothing to laugh about. Although that may be true on one hand, on the other it may be just what we need. Laughter has many benefits:
- It relaxes the entire body. A good, belly laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- It boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- It triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- It protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- Adds joy to life, improves your mood and relieves stress.
- It can strengthen relationships, enhance teamwork and help defuse conflict.
I am going to discuss this on Tuesday, June 14 at 7:00 PM Eastern Time on The Night Shift. Share a light hearted moment from my book Songs Of My Life…Slightly Out of Tune, a joke or two. Of course we will have the oracle card of the day and I will be taking your questions in the chat. I invite you join me in helping lift the energy with a good dose of laughter!
Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/Susan-Dintino-105608726135410/