I don’t know about you but to me the world keeps getting crazier. Nothing makes sense anymore. I sometimes feel as though I’ve fallen into the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland. In an age of endless technology and societal demands, I am acutely aware of the ever constant pressures of living in an out of control world. What used to come naturally to me now requires a conscious effort to remain peaceful and calm. Here are ten tips that you can practice in order to maintain your sense of serenity in a chaotic environment:
1. Remain emotionally detached from the drama and chaos. Someone coined the phrase, “You don’t have to attend every argument you’re invited to.” This holds true for drama as well. Make a commitment to never initiate or engage in it.
2. Remove yourself from the discord whenever possible. You have free will and Divine rights. If something is not benefiting you, you have every right to walk away from it.
3. Put everything into perspective. Some humans have a sad habit of making a mountain out of a molehill. Is this situation really so serious that drama is a natural component? A life-threatening injury or natural disaster perhaps; everything else not so much.
4. Set boundaries and limits with drama queens. You are not required to be subjected to the havoc they generate.
5. Practice mindfulness – live in and enjoy the moment. Let go of the past – it’s yesterday’s news; do not worry about the future – it never arrives. Remain focused on where you are now and what you are thinking, feeling, and doing. Concern yourself only with the now.
6. Let go of whatever you cannot control. If it is not within you have no power over it. “Let go and let God” is a wonderfully calming mantra to behold.
7. Think before responding. Not every situation requires a response. But if in fact you choose to reply give careful consideration to your choice of words and actions making sure they are calming responses rather than inflammatory.
8. Have faith and trust in God remembering that all is as it is meant to be. Many stressful experiences have a higher purpose. Know that your Heavenly Father will be the Light in your darkness, He will calm the internal storm, and make right everything in your life – in His time, not necessarily ours.
9. It is not the experience that we need to concern ourselves with but rather what it is here to teach us and how we are meant to use it for our own good and the good of humanity. We often put too much emphasis on the event rather than on Divine Purpose.
10. Commit to peace. Make it your way of life. Never allow anyone to distract you or interfere with your right to live in Divine harmony with the world.
Everything is subjective. I can choose to involve myself in the chaos of the world and allow myself to become infected by all of the drama. Or I can accept my Divine birthright and live harmoniously even in an out of control world. For me, nothing matters more than peace.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
Order The Secret Side of Anger, Second Edition or The Great Truth @ http://www.pfeifferpowerseminars.com/pps1-products.html
Listen to past shows on iHeart Radio @ http://www.iheart.com/talk/show/53-Anger-911-Radio/
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+